Sunday, November 11, 2012

Every one wants to be heard

Does every one think their life story needs to be told? I have thought for many years my story needed to be told. 
 When I was in my twenties I wanted to write my great novel, I was sure it would be a best seller. I had unique and unusual things to happen to me. 
  I never got to it, writing a few pages at a time. 
When I was in my forty's I began a journey of recovery, one of the first things my sponsor told me was to write my life story. I thought here it is my chance, I felt instantly like I will write the most amazing story you have ever heard!  
  I don't think I blew anyone away. I think I realize that I am just  another human who struggles. We all struggle, we all have issues. I think we all have unique things happen to us. 
   Yeah I bet allot of us want to tell our personal story to someone at sometime. 
 Sometimes I wish I hadn't told someone part of my story when our paths split. I look back and feel like they got part of me they didn't deserve. 

  There is so many reality shows, poor folks, country folks, crazy people are popular on reality TV  I wonder if they know we are laughing at them and not with them. Do they care?? 
 One of my siblings told me if anyone ever asks me to go on a reality show, I am going to say no! Because I know they will make fun of me. 
Poor Honey Boo-Boo, how will she feel when she grows up?? 
I hope she will be embarrassed a little bit. 
  I think this comes down to people wanting to tell their story.  
  
  I found an elementary teacher on Facebook couple years back. Mr. B was a memorable teacher of mine. I really learned allot in his class and I was pleased when he remembered me. We talked on the phone and he told me about going back to school for his masters and how he was a college dean now. 
  When it came time for me to tell my story, I told the truth , hit the high lights. I wanted to convey that I made it, I lived through some hard times but I came out on top. I don't think he agreed with me. I like the statement " Don't judge me because I sin different than you" . Maybe don't judge me because I am not as polished as you, I may be doing great to just be standing. We cant all be Thomas Jefferson or JFK. We all can ring the hallowed bells of history. 
  Some of us touch a much smaller pool of people, Some of us pass away way too soon. Some of us raise some awesome children. Some of us live a very quiet life and love deeply. 
  Some of us make huge mistakes in our life and spend years trying to forgive our selves and move on. 
 Sometimes we are wonderful people who are born below the poverty line and never ever escape. 
  Not to be pitied , just to be understood.
 We all want to be heard. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment